One thing I love to see is horse makeover posts! There is something about seeing how that diamond in the rough can be transformed into the horse of your dreams! Winter was a gorgeous BLM mustang mare we purchased in 2008. This makeover was the result of a bath and good photos. The “before” picture was what we consider an “intake” picture…a picture of the horse as it arrived to us. The difference in between photos is only 10 days!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my disclaimer for more information about affiliate links.
Horse Makeover – How To
Winter came in with pretty good weight so she just needed a few things:
- Bath! – We used a good whitening shampoo on her to get rid of the stains and help with the yellowing.
- Clip – Just a light clip for her. This is most noticeable on her legs where we got rid of the long feathers and booted up the white areas on her lower legs making them pop!
- Good Photo Shoot – Pictures, lighting, good tack and a clean horse really do make a difference!
- Your Favorite Whitening Shampoo
- Horse Clippers (doesn’t have to be fancy!)
- Your favorite Horse Coat Conditioner / Shine Enhancer
- A camera (preferably one with a zoom lens)
- A friend to help.